Thursday 8 November 2012

Mark de Clive-Lowe - Get Started ft Omar (Full Crate Remix) and London gig

THIS!

remixed by Full Crate of 22tracks

the mighty Mark de Clive-Lowe is probably wrapping up his jazz re:freshed show at mau mau as we speak [JB]. it's been years since I didn't go to see Mark at jazz re:freshed, the by far best weekly jazz night on planet London. Notice how I didnt say 'Flake' - jazz re:freshed are from the other planet London. the good good one. the yes love city full of reliable people and respect. and so is Mark, among other planets, curently residing in LA. I remember the moment I found out freesoul sessions' 4th bday in Cargo was the last freesoul session and he was leaving this planet (duh moment of the week: I just realised, after I typed this! the associations my brain makes before letting me know!) for sunny California and feeling kinda desolate. my real adventure with music started with and my tastes were partly shaped by the scene he is a fundamental part of. my second memorable live show in London was Mark de Clive Lowe and the next two too. freesoul sessions were among the best things that had happened to me thus far and that finale is still in my top ten live gigs ever. my first memorable show was memorable for reasons other than music. like I said, my adventure with music started with Mark. and then dego and Kaidi Tatham. dego  is back in London, big time recording releasing DJing and soon hopefully performing live with Tatham, Mensah and Lord. Kaidi never left and I haven't missed a show I knew about in a couple of years and it doeasn't feel like Mark's that far away either, gracing London with two two-nite stands per year. my world has since shrunk a lot too (in a good way, meaning expanded immensly). Ima go Peckham tomoro nite, if my legs take me I will insist, and so should you unless you are at mau mau now in an abnormally high state of exhilaration. and perspiration. 

No comments: