Thursday 8 November 2012

Rhetoric by MC Kadence ft. encoded flow

[some confusion with this post so I am reposting and deleting the one from last week that wasn't really there then reappeared. trying to do too many things at the same time. and succeeding innit]


Georgia Anne Muldrow and dabrye? ahmean.. productionwise shit rarely gets gooder than this. both up there in the top ten producers of now far as I'm concerned. can't say I've been following MC Kadence through his career or had much idea till now what he'd been up to since two/three but two/three man. you either know that shit and are nodding vigorously/looking for it to play it right now happy I reminded you or you need to go know that shit right now. hey tho, this is not a post on dabrye. yall hold on tight for one and this time I mean it hehe.



still it's taken me a good few listens to decide what I thought about Rhetoric and add it to the list of best hip hop albums I've heard this year. the list is getting longer. life is good. we shall tear this motherfucker up. anyways like I said production wise it's a can't touch this.
MC Kadence's dense, intense flow yes please over dabrye's mindcrashing beat I know this. far as I'm concerned the two are made for each other. it took me longer to get my head round it when enveloped in funky soulful licks of Miss One's otherworldly productions with her angelic vocal accompaniaments, but somehow it works, for me anyway.

Kadence's is the type of verse you really have to really listen to (or read even) to decide whether you find it pseudo intellectual gibberish - some do - or relevant. I can see how it can feel overintellectualised and pretentious to some people, personally I can dig it. SomeOthaShip he's part of (which is creds enough) call him one thinking brother and a battle rhymer who takes the fight to the right place. he is and he does. this also one of  rare ocassions when I don't care about sense of humour too much, there's little space for it here, but then what he's overintelectually or otherwise rapping about is no laughing matter: we all know shit ain't right let's wake the fuck up get pissed off and go change it. amen to that

go listen to it, then again. then again. then buy it 

can a rapper be socio-philosophical and still affect yall is it possible? yezzir. MC Kadence can. he and Georgia Anne are affecting me

...as we speak
does anyone else think of Jack Bauer every time they say 'as we speak'?

No comments: