Monday 8 October 2012

KUTMAH the new error 3

I wouldn't no what to do with a CD but if you do I strongly rcommend you buy this one!

I love Kutmah dontchano. he's one of the best DJs around and one of top reasons why London is a good place to be though ironically he himself is not here out of choice.
It must be really hard for Justin McNulty to adjust to the cold and mostly heartless town of London having been suddenly wrenched out of his entire adult life, tight fam and an amazing music scene he practically created in LA not to mention the weather. I'm serious. I strongly believe in the importance of weather in people's bahaviour, mental state and quality of life and the climate is I think one of the factors when it comes to why London is so fucked up. I constantly dream of getting out of here even though it has a lot of things going for it and for me. and so, I'm pretty sure, does Justin.  but for now he's stuck and is one of the biggest blessings this town does not deserve or appreciate enough. I sure do appreciate it though and looks like my juju thinks I deserve it too because I get to see and listen to this visionary selector and master mixer - a tru dj's dj for want of a better phrase - all the time. he never seems to headline anything but is often there in the lineup for many of the best (far as I'm concerned) nights in town and his set will always be one of if not the highlight of the night. zero hype, zero self promotion, quiet and self-effacing but a genius nonetheless. like I said both his sellection and his mixing are top notch up there with the bestest so go and buy this CD of which there are only 300 copies and enjoy.


also listen to Kutmah's weekly Sketchbook Radio show every Wednesday 7pm on NTS, one of the best radio stations in town


No comments: