Monday 8 October 2012

Czeslaw Niemen - Z listu do M. Opolopo Warsoul Refix

big up OPOLOPO, big up Warsoul and Maceo Wyro for bringing back the biggest vocal talent in Polish history.



I grew up with Czeslaw Niemen, there was a bit of a quiet cult of his vocal genius going on in my family, often when one of the vinyl records on or when he appeared on TV, my mom would go on about how genius he was how beautiful his voice how increadibly wide his scale and how every sound he ever made was always in tune. it seemed strange to me then coz my mom couldn't sing and when she did it was in a small voice, out of tune and quickly cut short. bwoy do I know what I am talking about, it doesn't seem strange to me any more... it's since become obvious I take my singing abilities after my mother and it doesn't appear to have much to do with the hearing abilities thank god. my dad was not much of a talker but he played records (until I took over, then my brother) and loved Mr Niemen. who didn't? there must have been people who hated him I guess, the radical nonconformist he was, but I never met any. everything was original and spectacular about the man. he had an all encompassing unique style, a true free spirit shining bright, effortlessly.


three generations of women in my family (my dad did too by then long elsewhere) mounrned the death of this extrvagant visionary when cancer took his larger than life presence away from us in January 2004 leaving a huge gap.



rest in POWER Czeslaw Niemen Wydrzycki. thank you for beng such a big influence on my life

No comments: