Sunday 17 June 2012

weekly suggestion 4: be straight

I don't get pissed off easily. tonight I did. it's like I've not done anything to upset this person, I have always tried to help. I've offered to work for him for free fuckssakes (ye, that be one of the reasons, I know, that and trying to give him advice - he's clueless when it comes to some things and a coward - I do know about ego, it's just I'm not used to misjudging people so much. I haven't got enough bad experience with people I do realise that). this guy has stabbed me in the back, while pretending everything is fine and we still best mates, and is now looking for reasons for confrontation? and then acts like it's me doing something wrong again?  [ok quick explanation talking about someone I worked for for a while ideal job little money but fun didn't feel like work we got on fabulously, suddenly something happened ?? no explanation no more work, pretending it's still on just not now]
there are a lot of people in that place that take my kindness for weakness and that's ok because they are  honest about it. I have no problem with being taken advantage of when it's not too much or honestly telling them to fuck off if it is, in a nice way dontchano, which can be rewarding for both sides - people are not used to being treated seriously and some of them crave it even thogh they have long given up on it and may have never learnt how to take it.
anyways anyways that is not the case with the person I am talking about I don't think. he takes my strength as a threat! what he craves is not being treated seriously, definitely not honesty, just admiration. certain kind of respect and prestige inside a community he doesn't even appear to like too much (oh he does on the surface, don't get me wrong, I know for a fact a lot of people believe he loves and respect them). and in the long run you don''t get that by trying to appease everyone and pretending to be their best friend while secretly despising them. not secretly enough either. I don't think he realises that by being nice and lovely to people and calling them 'family' then telling you they are psychos he lets you  know he probably says something nasty about you behind your back too. you don't get being respected by being a coward either. you can either have things your way or refuse to confront people whose behaviour is not acceptable for you, can't have it both ways. so ye this my lil experience/illustrtion, now

your weekly suggestion 4:  be straight with people. honesty is underrated

don't be afraid to confront somenone if what they do bothers you or tell them something they may not like to hear, like sorry this is not working out lets call it a day. keeping people hanging on out of cowardice is wrong. as much as you may try to convince yourself that not thelling them the truth they may not take kindly to is saving them disappointment they will find out eventually and be upset that you let them believe everything was hunky dory. it's like not letting your best friend who's got a crash on you know she's got no chance coz you are in fact gay. it's not about saving her the disappointment is it? it's about you being a coward or gettting a kick out of her liking you. how wrong is it?
let me say this again honesty is one of the most important things in healthy human relations. if you are a manipulative bastard then I guess you won't be much into it but in that case I am not really talking to you anyway. otherwise you should value honesty and want to surround yourself with people who are honest with you and you want to be honest with. I know it's quite likely that you've been fed bullshit all your life by the media and popular culture in general and made to think that you win people over by playing them but it is bullshit. the kind of people ou can only win over by playing games you shouldn't want to win over.


I am not talking about romantic relationships here but obviously it very much applies



ye you are getting your weekly suggestion early this week but I will have you know, not that it's relevant, that I've just had a Monday. planning on a full blown Tuesday tomoro (today) so good night.

No comments: