Wednesday 27 June 2012

HYPER DUB

talk about dreams come true.... I had one come true before I even dreamt it! fuck me I never would of dreamt it: Kode9 doing an all Burial set? too good to be true. but true it came and too good too. and Actress didn't show up (hm hm hm hm?) so instead of an hour Kode9 all Burial set I got 2 hour Kode9 all Burial set. a mean..

Clark enjoyed it which is a good sign. she's gonna have to get used to it just like I will have to get used to idiotic radio 4 dramas [shivers]. if the studio arrangement continues that is, which is kinda touch and go. don't know how long I can keep paying for her rather expensive storage space without getting anything out of it. (and what I want out of it is really rather amazing bashes which is even more touch n go so..) it's been two months now during which she managed to build two shelves. the studio is still full of her crap and unusable (not that I have any use for it at this stage other than the aforementioned bashes, the first of which I am planning for the beginning of August watchthismotherfuckingspace) and by the looks of things she doesn't see why this shuldn't go on for another month. hell I wouldn't. if I had a freak like me pay half my studio rent while I work on my website and go to barbecues and private views everyday I would.... the freak is a bit pissed off now though and determined to kill the lovely mother fucking theresa in me, I'm afraid. desperate times..... I shall not be forced to find a job to pay for Clark's storage. anyways anyways

I could have gone home after that first Kode9 set happy to have just been to one of the best parties of 2012. obviously I didn't

Laurel Halo was increadibly dopy. can't find a better word. she was playing the how ambient can I get before everyone liquidises and vaporises game and I for one was quite happy to liquidise and vaporise. had a lot of things on my mind and the trips she took me on were welcome. also it gave me time to hang out with the hit+run boys watching and learning and designing my perfect tee which I wasn't going to get which I didn't know at that stage. shame, I designed meself a real good one. oh well... just one thing Laurel though. do you have to sing?

unlike Cooly fucking GEE! now that bitch can sing alright! and if she was more hyper fucking dub she'd have the whole koko thing go through it's own floor to the other side of the planet...deep dark and beautiful! and she's hot!

scratcha dva was predictably dope and had me flying. ok flying is not the word is it. don't exactly don't love the man so... and fatima showed up and they did just vibe which was awesome.



and as a cherry on the rather tasty cake a Kode9 and Spaceape live ting, starting with one of my favourite  tracks off Black Sun. ain't they all...


the one gig I don't take my soundrecorder to turns out to be the gig of the year so far. dontchano...

this tiger thing I have to say so far so fucking amazing. thundercat was one of the better experiences this year and now this.. nice big venue that's not otherwise so nice and a 5er...hm hm?

also we met an interesting young lady with a lot of shopping bags and a crash on a Lithuanian - which was what got her talking to us in the first place (all eastern europeans are the same just like all cute black girls with shopping bags are innit so...where is Lithuania? so... what are Lithuanians like?) and draggeed her to the gig - had a lot of tickets you see since we bought some then got some free (which is another good thing about the tiger big venue thing, wonder if it lasts)

also


not relevant...



No comments: