Tuesday 8 April 2014

weekly suggestion: stop overtinking tings ft Sampha and Corey Mwamba/Joshua Blackmore/Dave Kane



this week's suggestion is a suggestion for myself. autosuggestion? I would never suggest to think less to anyone that I don't already know thinks too much in case they don't or do think enough. thinking is good mk, a lot of people should probably think more and a lot should probably think way more. but you can overdo good tings too. overthinking is what I do. full time like. not only ain't nobody paying for that, which has admittedly always en- rather than discouraged me from doing tings, but it really is counterproductive. it's debilitating, you can always think more about something before acting on what you've already got. thinking up new things also replaces acting. new ideas take the time that should be reserved for implementing the ideas that are already there. I go act. no I don't coz it's now too late and I have to leave the house. I have ovethought a perfectly good day again. damn.
it be good if people like me came in pairs one'd be thinking the other one'd be acting. or better still both would do both so it be happening at double speed and there'd still be good balance of both. it would also solve another problem I often have and am having right now: having to be in two places at the same time. anyways anyways



tried to find that post where I wax lyrical about this album and Corey Mwamba and it's not there... [sad sad face] I overthought that one too... need to trawl thru dem damn drafts at some point... I bought the album though and so should you.

No comments: