Tuesday 18 December 2012

The Sure Co. 5ive by jazz re:freshed


get yourself (and/or someone) a nice present people! Richard Spaven's back on the jazz re:freshed label (is it a label? no need for labels with jazz re:freshed I don't think other than the love&respect one dontchano) with the amazing Grant Windsor featuring Neville Malcolm on bass.

I've just finished listening to it second time in a row while doing numerous other things and you know what, Ima go ahead and put it back on again coz it's such a good good background. I don't mean it's 'background music' I am actually listening to it and it grabs my attention while not distractig me from what I'm doing. not many things can do that

saw spaven windsor and Neil Charles at - give it a guess, gwan - jazz re:freshed the other (last thurs)day and it was so good good (I'd seen them not long before that at the jazz meet and that was great too). they are fantastic live musicians, create beautiful energy and take you exactly where you want to be. I've said this before Ima say it again if jazz re:frshed doesn't lift up yout spirits then probably nothing can, and spaven and windsor  are among my favourites within this beautiful family.

every thursday at mau mau bar in portobello road. just go. you will love it. they don't do average.

No comments: