Monday 31 December 2012

2012, tragedy of


I don't know if it's a good idea to start this summary with what I feel was the tragedy of the year but I am anyway. you know Austin Peralta? he's dead. I don't know what happened and I keep remembering to check as if it matters it doesn't. the reason I consider this the tragedy of the year apart from the fact that I think his music was inspired and the way he went about it was inspired is that this cheerful lovable hyperactive kid was as far as I could tell one of few - when you think in terms of percentages, of course there are many examples, but how many? - people whose genius and passion for art match their humanity and passion for people. no limits to creativity no limits to love. I think people like that are capable of changing the world and I think Austin Peralta has a little, but would have done way more in the years not to come. may he never rest, that's certainly not what he was about.

Austin Peralta Trio at Warsoul Sessions from SITKKO on Vimeo.





No comments: