Sunday 25 November 2012

teebs


been thinking about teebs. been thinking about teebs since I first heard him play rough trade - first time I been to a rough trade instore  - with kutmah (ha! that's it! that's where I first heard and fell in love with Kutmah and never looked back! HA! been trying to work that out*). comes and goes but teebs is one of those recurring obsessions of mine. been thinking a lot about how he was the first to do what he does and how many have done since and how it pisses me off kinda. this tender beautiful shimmery sound that's so teebs and should just stay his because he gives it soul. collections 1 is such a beautiful record. and his art is just like his music. delicate, beautiful, powerful, deep and playful. I don't know what it is, some kind of energy something so good it shines through whatever. some people got it. teebs got it.

not buying this has been one of my biggest regrets. having wanted to buy it has been my prime example of why I do actually want to make (a little) money

***
rest in peace austin peralta


*) edjit: na not tru, I still don't no...

No comments: