Monday 5 November 2012

I remember house

today I went on a search for great House I Like and Love. the kind that picks me up and carries me away and I think to myself 'yes! house is the queen of music'. and then I go on thinking that for a while and listening to it and feeling the love. Moodymann. Osunlade. Aquarius Heaven. Black Jazz Consortium.

I've been exposed to great House I Don't a lot lately, this week in partcular it feels. been catching myself thinking maybe I don't like house after all. I had in the past loved and then not loved things... bullshit. I only need to remember one of those names above - the list goes on obviously - think of one track! to know it's a matter of two different houses.  there are two kinds of dance music in general and house in particular (I don't mean subgenres I know and want to know very little about this). the first one is for your body, perfect if you like a workout to a steady rhythm or jus wanna think about something else than music and have it as background I guess, that's how I imagine it.  and then there's music for your mind&soul. for it's brightest and darkest corners. I don't necesarilly mean so called soulful house, oftentimes it's tribal, incorporates african caribbean latino or broken rhythms, sometimes it's quirky vocals, sometimes the message in a rant or a poem or a little melody, the base line! really can be anything as long as it is beautiful and intense in a mind-bending kinda way. whatever, just genius. of course that's all good music for ya (me) but today I went on a search for house. the sole mission of the day. apart from trying to arrange for a poster for this month's gig to be done which turned out to be an uneasy ride over a number of lil annoying hurdles - finally official: I be helping very talented young people I love spread their wings hehehe. anyways anyways house.
United Music Records
then went to see what Aquarius Heaven's been cooking recently. and here's what I discovered: 1. he had a gig in London las month and I motherfucking missed it. 2. he played a dopest fucking set and sang his brainfucking tunes live especially for me. and you and anyone willing to spare two hours of their time. it is so so worth it Ima do it afuckingain. excuse my french ye but I am a big fan here and have just been made a very happy big fan. you know the few people you can always count on? you thank whatever you think run dem tings for'em? I do. Brian Brewster one of 'em. GOOD nite!

No comments: