Wednesday 31 October 2012

weekly suggestion ft coincidence of the week, the duh moment, worst boiler room ever, fela soul, c4[rt], the other guys and more hidden suggestions (scambled eggs life saving remix)


been a while. I'd lost my brain manual for a couple weeks. I just found it maybe. your suggestion for this week is: don't follow hype, hype will follow you. follow lack of hype. takes a bit of an effort but gets you where no hype will ever get you. the biggest geniuses are quiet humble people who just love doing their shit coz it's bigger than them and more important than selling a product. I mean quiet when it comes to talking about themselves and what they do, they may well be loud on other issues. yes this is in context of some amazing shit that recently followed its hype and subsequently got hyped up more. not saying them things ain't good. jus sayin. and it is also in the context of way more amazing shit that goes largely unnoticed unless you dig so dig. by the way if you not into 'conscious' I am wasting your time. jus sayin. no offence to a player but yo I don't play and if you take offence fuck it got to be that way

just realised my stomach was so shrunk I couldn't sit. I completely forgot about food. had nothing since breakfast and haven't thought about it once till now. it's really annoying as I've been doing several things and getting a lot done since back from the boiler room. my worst boiler room experience ever I think - or it would have been if I hadn't gone with good people I like a lot, it was fun. the music was probably quite good too but completely not my vibe. I had kinda known what to expect as I have listened to a lot of hot creations stuff and liked some of it a lot (one's on my favourite club tracks playlist. IG Culture played it guess where, it was awesome. a remix just came out as b-side to this. did I somehow miss it last night? how? naa... ?) but a lot of it not so much and a lot of it is good if it's one track among other things. no variety no fun. no (nice!) surprises no fun. no brain function no fun. this last one I discovered the other day - I've had a couple of revelations if you will (or duh moments if you won't) recently actually - remember gaslamp say he made music not for your body but for your brain? and I went na man it's for my body alright look what it do to it. well, yes I mean no (I actually mean no I mean yes but I wanted to get you to listen to c4[rt]). it is not for my body unless it is for my brain first. this is exactly why few tracks driven by repetitive (machine coded) rhythm work for me. there has to be something else that makes a track, can be subtle but has to be brilliant has to take me on a trip somewhere. I don't dance to steady rhythm, not for long anyway I get bored and stop dancing if there is no other more interesting one there. not enough of that tonight. like I said this gig was not for me. there were too many people there for my liking too. ok I am fussy as fuck sue me. I feel quite comfortable saying stuff about boiler room that is critical rather than my usual hysterical eulogies coz I have done and no doubt will do many hysterical eulogies on the subject. best party in town if you ask me hands down (I do prefer small intimate parties to big warehouse ones and bedroom DJing/dancing over club nites, so don't listen to me if you don't). just like jazz re:freshed is best jazz night, gillet square is best place to hang out (if u know not to overdo it, unfortuntely overdoing it can be very interesting indeed. I may tell you more about it one day. probably not) and mama vic's curry goat/ fried plantain with mama vic's sauce best things you can take away around there if you really hungry/peckish. and sweet fennel and nettle is best herbal tea, good for everything. jus so you know. do correct me if I'm wrong dontchano. so yeah... I forgot to eat which would not be a problem, I am way past hungry but I need to stay up a bit more, I seem to be on a good roll but sitting is kinda painful. sweet fennel and nettle tea is good for everything though. so it's all good.

coincidence of the week: this is exactly what I have been thinking I need to do throughout this evening/morning and I find it (not read it yet, fuck knows if I do) while going thru the 50 open tabs. no idea where it came from. maybe I can train my brain to let me close tabs. I need to work on my external memory/storage it's vast and awesome but it's a bloody mess. I am slowly giving up on the internal.

October 2012 has been one of the best months ever after all. just like I'd said it would. what I didn't foresee was that I wouldn't be able to see it till the very end coz I'd be down and lost. so I didn't jinx it did I I jinxed me. is this what always happens then? is my superpower not a real superpower? I mean, being able to turn things into shit or make them not happen just by having high expectations is supernatural if fucked up. turning yourself into shit don't much sound it...... it's not though. what always happens. I don't often get so down. I don't often get so broke. I don't often get scared. like barely never ever. can't deal with this shit have no practice. but hey, I do have the most fucking annoying superpower tho jus need to keep training my brain on how to use it. stakes is high and has just gotten higher.
my alarm just went off. I've done more in the last 7 hours than whole week last week and I spent the last 7 hours with dabrye. been a while.

must be horizontal or die. have a nice day

No comments: