Saturday 6 October 2012

LV - "Ultando Lwaka" [ft. Ruffest]

LV is one of my most frustrating always almost but never quite abandoned forever drafts. I've been having a thing about LV for a couple of years now, since 38 came out, still one of my favourite EPs of all times, and then Routes (which completes my top 3 of 2011 if u been paying attention hehe though the list is actually top 4 so. 1 to go), so I went through back catalogue and been following since (made so much easier by them joining hyperdub, one of the dopest labels I follow anyway) and basically dig almost everything they ever done that I know of. posted a thing here and there and then really wanted to write about sebenza and really have, quite a lot maybe, I'v not looked at that draft for a while it scares me. meantime it came out and there were all those reviews and interviews and reviews of interviews and nu tracks and I started reading and listenng instead of writing and my head exploded leaving me with two thoughts. 1. I love sebenza, which I had known since way before it came out and I know now again, now that its not a daunting monolith surrounded by hype but particular tracks with vocalists I really dig and producers I had been counting on and was right to. 2. can't remember... something about .. ah! they interview silly. if you into playful siliness - which I am big time with fam in the real - had by other people with their friends, they are a lot of fun. three thoughts actually 3. they keep coming up with dope stuff bless them! I mean it

here's some newish dopeness from the masters of dubs and the gorgeous Ruffest bois who's voices make my knees soft the way Brian Brewster's does. tru story.


No comments: