Monday 24 September 2012

THE DEMON'S CAROL by Dj Quik & Kurupt


I'm not getting too excited until it's officially confirmed but it looks like a follow up to the BRILLIANT 2009 Quik and Kurupt collab album BlaQKout may be in the making. fingers crossed. here's (hopefully) the first joint they put out and just like much of BlaQKout it's hard like two day old shit. oh and it's really rather not for weak stomached



this post has been living a life of its own for a few days now in good company of numerous forever drafts about my heroes and crashes, lyrical geniuses and killer beats. the more I like the less I am capable of editing out the hysteria and silliness. this is why I barely never ever write about the luv of my life: hip hop. I can't help but gibber like a schoolgirl on lucozade. fuck it. I love you Dj Quik. fuck the world.

some people you just know you can count on to deliver killer dope every time. I know I can count on Dj Quik. The Book of David was one of the best albums of 2011, if somehow you don't know it, go know now. he's permanently pissed off, arrogant, cocky and boastful but then, he is also one of the badest motherfuckers that ever fucked with rap music yezzir. do I have a crash on Dj Quik? hell yeah.
the guy is one of the greatest (and most underrated) producers I know, his distinct beat making justly revered by many and the list of collaborators and artists he produced tracks for endless, and one of the greatest (and most underrated) lyricists I know. his flow is sick. he has a word play acumen and he's had it since when  you were in grade school watching the janitor vacuumin. his secret? just do something that ain't nobody ever done before but make it sound like something that's always been there forever. easier said than done but not for motherfucking Compton's own David Marvin Blake.

No comments: