Tuesday 5 June 2012

Kalakuta and United Vibrations @ New Cross Inn 4 June 2012

I saw United Vibrations last night again. again I'd planned no such thing. I seem to be somehow subconsciously stalking them but I can't help believing it's them stalking me. it's not that I don't love United Vibrations. I love United Vibrations. I think they are one of the best live acts around when it comes to the vibe they create, very few bands can do it like they do it, they just smash it every time, pure joy! every time I see them I am exhilarated in a crowd of exhilarated people! If you haven't seen them U must u must u must!

it's just that I've seen them many times. I have counted seven possibly more. And I think twice out of those seven I actually meant to go see them. They just keep showing up! I even went to Brighton once to see Aloe Blacc and there they were Ahmad and Wayne playing horns with Aloe!!



Kalakuta were a bit disappointing last night, I didn't dance at all :( zero. to afrobeat. to my friends' afrobeat....the sound system let them down, Emeka's mike was shit, but not only that they didn't seem to be on the same air waves, the rhytm section just didn't seem to work. it got slightly better when Bola finally showed up with the cowbell - came in late and didn't even play drum which for me was the most disappointing bit obviously I am a helpless sucker for the drum, what can I say... the backing singer girls were very good though, really nice. also there were four horns and I'd never seen any of them before! they seem to go through a lot of horns, when I said that to Bola he just laughed.

we ended up hanging out there till about 5 a.m and had a really great time. I did say to Wayne and Ahmad I thought they were stalking me though which I could have kept to myself. Emeka was pretty unhappy with how their gig had gone but I think we managed to cheer him up a bit, me and Bola kept discovering really cool things we had in common. I love them boys they are such good people! I wish ___hadn't decided I was going to become his african wife and mama of his children as a result of it though...........it's very sweet and flatterning and all coming for once from someone I like and admire and even more so because I know he likes more than just my looks and the fact that I am nice (people are not used to it. sad. i hate moments when I am forced to think I should be less nice) but still, awkward. I've been in this situation before several times when god meant me and a guy to be together and me saying no was just me being unreasonable and me don't like it the smallest bit...hope this time it will blow over quick, I'd be really really upset if I had to avoid him.

big dada takeover at the boiler room tonite. how will I manage to be so close to Wiley and not throw myself at him I just don't know......

No comments: