Thursday 24 May 2012

Dego, King Britt, Charlie Dark, Tony Nwachkwu @ boiler room 23/05/2012



couldn't believe my own eyes when I saw the flyer. was telling a friend last time at the boiler room they should get dego et al in (though she didn't seem to know who I was talking about)

and king brit??!! o my motherfucking days! 30 seconds later I'd already sent a text trying to beg myself in. didn't even think to check if it was in london. didn't expect to get in either just had to try. but get in I did and am pretty sure it was my best BR experience so far (they all good I promise). the fact that it was the first one I've been to where I could move made it even better! it wasn't less tropical though so the water was pouring down me in hectoliters as usual they did get they name right for sho - I don't actually recommend hardcore gymnastics in tropical temperatures but trying to stop myself would have been pointless. all the four sets were good good. dego killed it for me as usual, I love the man, every set I've witnessed of his ( not to mention his live perfomances - can be a bit of a stalker me, when it comes to my favourie people dontchano) was gooder than good. king britt - amazing! didn't know what to expect, I'd listened to some quite diverse sets of his - he is the cameleon of the music world, and a bit of a king midas too! charlie dark I like most as a poet and got some Charlie Dark poetry. the CDR's Tony Nwachkwu was a discovery - for some reason I've been avoiding the CDR (probably because of the inevitable associacion...), I shall avoid it no more! if I find time.. what a sick line-up! I even listened to Charlie Bones' warm-up - at home while cutting out letters for my new NOTrelevant design coming soon to shops near you - and liked that too, unexpectedly.

if you weren't as lucky and/or determined as me you still get a chance to see king britt this Friday here. do, he might just blow your head off.  you may well see me too, I'm planning on hiding in the bathroom after Dabrye tomorrow night yeeey

as per usual at a wicked gig with sick line-up remembered the camera at pretty much the last minute. 

and pulled it out mainly coz I wanted a picture of dego djing with his little back pack on. #supercute



if you are not yet a dedicated fan start watching boiler room TV now! and get a t-shirt while you can!

No comments: